Welcome to the Baseline Coffee website at https://baselinecoffee.com/. Please take a moment to read these terms and conditions (collectively the “Terms”) to understand how they apply to your use of our website.
If you have any questions regarding our website, please click here to contact us.
Who owns this website?
The Baseline Coffee website at https://baselinecoffee.com/ is owned and operated by Fairly Grown Coffee (Pty) Ltd T/A Baseline Coffee, a company registered in the Republic of South Africa under company registration number 2006/036911/07.
Terms and conditions apply
These Terms apply to your use of this website. By using this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and agree to be bound by them. They represent our entire agreement with you and supersede all prior terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations to the extent permitted by law. Please do not use our website if you do not agree to be bound by these Terms.
Amended or updated terms
We may periodically update or change the Terms, without notice. You should check them from time to time as your continued use of our website will mean you accept any updated or revised Terms.
Law & arbitration
This agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Any dispute arising in relation to our agreement with you shall, to the extent permitted by law, be referred to arbitration in Cape Town at a venue of our choice applying the Uniform Rules of the High Court of South Africa.
Use of our website
You are welcome to browse or use our website for your own personal, non-commercial shopping and information purposes only. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent. The unauthorised use, copying, reproduction, variation, modification or distribution of the content of this website, the uploading of any unlawful or damaging information or viral software or the creation of any links to our website from any other site whatsoever is strictly prohibited. You agree to indemnify us against any loss, damage, harm, claim or any other cost whatsoever that we may sustain as a result of your use of our website and/or its contents contrary to these Terms.
We reserve the right to suspend our website or any part thereof or terminate your account at any time if we, in our sole discretion, determine that you are not using the website in compliance with these Terms or if we believe the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete. We also reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Any indulgence or extension of time granted to you shall not be construed as a waiver or variation of any of our rights or remedies in these Terms or law.
Use of our website outside South Africa
Customers who are not resident in South Africa are welcome to use our website in accordance with these Terms.
Sign up to receive our newsletter and other marketing material here. You are free to opt out of receiving our marketing material at any stage. It may take up to 10 (ten) business days for your profile to be updated.
Your privacy is very important to us and therefore any information that you upload on our website including your email address will be stored on a secure server.
You can opt out of customized Google Display Network advertising by visiting Google’s Ad Preferences Manager .
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on .
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to third parties without your consent unless we are compelled to do so by law. We may do so if you have granted consent thereto.
Whilst all reasonable efforts are taken to ensure that your personal information is protected as they travel over the internet, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you exchange with us.
Accuracy of website content
All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that the information on our website is accurate and up-to-date. We do not however warrant that the content or information displayed is always accurate, complete and/or current.
Any comments uploaded by users or any authorised experts are their opinions alone and do not in any way represent our views, opinions, beliefs or values.
We value your comments, ideas, suggestions and feedback (“your Comments”) via our website. We will not respond to, maintain or compensate you in any way whatsoever for your Comments. Once received, your Comments will become our property and we will not be limited in any way in the use, commercial or otherwise, of your Comments.
You warrant that your Comments do not and will not violate the right(s) of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or any other personal or proprietary right. You agree not to disclose, submit or offer any Comments that are or contain any defamatory, unlawful, abusive or obscene material. We disclaim any liability towards any third party regarding your Comments and you shall remain accountable towards any third party regarding any harm caused by your Comments.
All rights, including copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights embodied in any logos, text, images, video, audio or other material on this website are owned by or licensed to us. You agree to sign all documents as we may reasonably require in order to assign any rights that you may acquire in the content of our website. You agree also to waive any moral rights in such content. You are permitted to view, print or store electronically a copy of any information on our website, including these Terms, solely for your personal, lawful, non-commercial use. Unauthorised use, reproduction, modification and/or distribution is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of our intellectual property rights.
Use of our logos, content and images
You are not permitted to use the content of our website, our logos or any product or other images that appear on our website without our prior written consent. Unauthorised use, reproduction, modification and/or distribution is strictly prohibited and constitutes an infringement of our or our licensors’ intellectual property rights.
Advertising and hyperlinks
External hyperlinks may appear on our website. The hyperlinks may not be construed so as to constitute a relationship between us and any linked third party or any endorsement by us of such third party and use of or reliance on any external links provided is at your own risk. Advertising and other promotional material of third parties may appear on our website from time to time. We do not endorse such third parties or their products and/or services. Your reliance on any information contained in such material is entirely at your own risk.
Disclaimers and Exclusions of Liability
Use of our website is entirely at your own risk. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. We do not warrant that the functions provided by the website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or other harmful components. We accept no liability, to the extent permitted by law, for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused arising from the access or use of our website. You agree, to the extent permitted by law, to indemnify us against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred by reason of any act or omission on your part or that of any third party acting on your behalf in connection with your use of our website.
Online Store Terms
By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Service.
Baseline Coffee has outsourced all delivery and collection arrangements. Accordingly, Baseline Coffee shall not be liable for any damage suffered or loss incurred by reason of any acts or omissions of the deliverer, it’s owner, employees, sub-contractors, agents, representatives and/or affiliates.
You are required to ensure that you or an authorised person shall be in attendance at the delivery address and that appropriate access will be made available. For verification purposes, the person accepting delivery at the delivery address may be required to produce a form of identification. Any person other than yourself who receives the products at the delivery address is conclusively presumed to be authorised to accept delivery on your behalf.
Questions about the Terms and Conditions should be sent to us using the contact form on our “contact us” page
1. The closing date for the draw is midnight (23h59) on 16 January 2014. Baseline Coffee reserves the right to amend the closing date and draw date without notice.
2. The winner will be drawn randomly from the list of all eligible entrants, using an algorithm not created by Baseline Coffee. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. The winner will be announced via Social Media Platforms once the draw is complete.
4. Entrants must have “RT” (“retweeted”) the appropriate message(s) posted by @baselinecoffee on Twitter and/or “Shared” the appropriate image(s) posted by BaselineCoffee on their Facebook wall. RT’s and Shares must have taken place between 11h41 on Wednesday 8 January, and 23h59 on Thursday 16 January to be considered for the draw.
5. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter.
6. Employees and suppliers of Baseline Coffee, along with their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees and suppliers are ineligible to be drawn as a winner in this competition.
7. The winner will be contacted via their selected method of entry i.e. Facebook or Twitter.
8. By entering the competition the entrants agree to have their Twitter “@handle” and/or Facebook user name publicly announced on various Social Media platforms should they be drawn as the winner.
9. The entrants also agree to be named on the Baseline Coffee website (https://baselinecoffee.com/) after the competition has closed. Baseline Coffee reserves the right to show a photo of the winner on the website, should the publicly available Twitter / Facebook profile picture be deemed appropriate.
10. Should the winning participant not be available or not respond within a period of 48 hours, that person’s right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Baseline Coffee reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
11. Baseline Coffee reserves the right to terminate this competition immediately and without notice. In the event of such termination, all entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Baseline Coffee, its employees, representatives and/or agents.
12. By participating in this competition, the entrants agree to release and hold Baseline Coffee free of any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights or defamation.