POPIA - Protection of Personal Information Act
Last Updated: Monday, 05/07/2021
This Privacy & Data Collection Policy explains how We obtain, use and disclose Your Personal Information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013 (“POPIA”). This specifically relates to Personal Information that You provide Us when You visit Our Website at https://baselinecoffee.com/ or purchase item(s) from Us through Our Online Store at https://baselinecoffee.com/shop-online.
At Baseline Coffee Roasters We are committed to protecting Your privacy and to ensuring that Your Personal Information is collected and Used properly, lawfully and transparently. Your privacy is important to Us and as such We are compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013. Should any personally identifiable information be shared with third party service providers, this will only be done for the purposes of services rendered to You, such as the delivery of goods or the submission of any claim regarding any goods You have purchased from Us.
By disclosing or submitting Your Personal Information to Us via Our Website, You consent to Us processing Your Personal Information for the purposes described in these Terms.
- Your Personal Information being processed by Baseline Coffee Roasters within the Baseline Coffee Roasters database(s)
- Your Personal Information, such as name, address and contact number, being shared with Our third party delivery service providers in the process of delivering Your order(s) with Us
- Receiving electronic (email, SMS, WhatsApp or Telephonic) communications from Baseline Coffee Roasters and affiliated delivery service partners regarding the processing of Your online order(s)
- Receiving marketing material from Baseline Coffee Roasters, where You have opted-in to receive these types of communications.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Data
We collect Your Personal Information via the following methods:
- Your submission of a contact request form on any of Our Website pages
- Your submission of an online order / purchase with Us via Our Online Store
- Your submission of a direct email communication to Us
- Your placement of a telephone call, SMS or WhatsApp message directly to Us
- Your submission of any personal details on any of Our social media Web pages
- Your request to sign-up to Our marketing communications via Our Facebook Email Sign-Up Page.
We collect information directly from You where You provide Us with Your personal details. Where possible, We will inform You what information You are required to provide to Us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows Us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
We may use Your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Service(s), including to monitor the usage of Our Service(s)
- To manage Your Account once You have completed registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user
- For the performance of a transaction: the development, production, processing and delivery of a transaction / purchase contract for any of Our products, items or services You have purchased or of any other transaction / contract with Us through the Service
- To contact You: where permissible, to contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, WhatsApp or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about, unless You have opted not to receive such information
- To manage Your requests: To attend to and manage Your requests with Us
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service, products, services, marketing and Your experience
- We may share Your Personal Information in the following situations:
- With delivery service providers: We are required to share specific Personal Information with Our delivery service providers in order to deliver goods to You. We will only share the information necessary in the interest of conducting delivery services (name, company name where applicable, delivery address, contact Number as provided during the submission of Your order via our Online Store)
- Your Personal Information will NOT be shared with any other businesses, services providers, business partners, users, customers or any other affiliates outside of Baseline Coffee Roasters without Your express consent
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your Personal Information for any other purpose only with Your consent.
Your Rights: Access to Information
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information We hold about You. To do this, simply contact Us at the numbers/addresses as provided on Our Website and specify what information You require. We will need a copy of Your ID document to confirm Your identity before providing details of Your Personal Information. Please note that any request may be subject to a reasonable turnaround / waiting time, pending the scale of the request for information.
Correction of Your Information
You have the right to ask Us to update, correct or delete Your Personal Information. We will require a copy of Your ID document to confirm Your identity before making changes to Personal Information We may hold about You. We kindly request that You keep Your Personal Data accurate and up to date with Us, so that We may continue to provide Our Service(s) to You.
Definition of Personal Information
According to the Act ‘‘Personal Information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, Baseline Coffee Roasters also includes the following items as Personal Information:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses
- Telephone / Contact numbers
- First, Last and Company Names
- VAT Registration and related Billing Information
Retention of Your Personal Data
Baseline Coffee Roasters will retain Your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy & Data Collection Policy. We will retain and use Your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with Our legal obligations (for example, if We are required to retain Your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce Our legal agreements and policies.
Baseline Coffee Roasters will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your town, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Your consent to this Privacy & Data Collection Policy followed by Your submission of such information represents Your agreement to that transfer.
Baseline Coffee Roasters will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy & Data Collection Policy, and that no transfer of Your Personal Data will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of Your data and other Personal Information.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, Your Personal Data may be transferred. We will provide notice before Your Personal Data is transferred and becomes subject to a different Privacy & Data Collection Policy.
Under certain circumstances, Baseline Coffee Roasters may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
Baseline Coffee Roasters may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property Baseline Coffee Roasters
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us and as such We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the Personal Information We hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of Personal Information
We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review Our security controls and related processes to ensure that Your Personal Information remains secure.
When We contract with third parties, We request that they employ the appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality measures to ensure that Personal Information that We remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom We pass Your Personal Information to (as stipulated in this Privacy & Data Collection Policy) agrees to treat Your information with the same level of protection as We are obliged to.
By use of Our Services, You acknowledge that You understand that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, you hereby acknowledge that We cannot guarantee its absolute security and therefore, by continued use of the Service(s), You hereby agree to indemnify Baseline Coffee Roasters against all costs, claims, losses and liabilities incurred or suffered as a result of any breach of Your Personal Information.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and Use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We may update Our Privacy & Data Collection Policy from time to time. We will notify You of any changes by posting the new Privacy & Data Collection Policy on this page.
We will let You know via email and/or a prominent notice on Our Website and/or Social Media Pages prior to the change becoming effective and update the “Last updated” date at the top of this Privacy & Data Collection Policy.
You are advised to review this Privacy & Data Collection Policy periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy & Data Collection Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
If You have any questions about this Privacy & Data Collection Policy You can contact Us: